Visual merchandising is a marketing practice that uses floor plans, color, lighting, displays, technology, and other elements to attract customer attention. Its ultimate purpose is to use the retail space to generate more sales. A career in visual merchandising can be an excellent choice for people interested in fashion, marketing, psychology and design. It can allow you to use creativity and see your plans on public display. You can also see the result of your work through an increase in sales which can be rewarding for many individuals.
Topics you will learn in this course:
1. Understand key terms and principles involved in Visual Merchandising.
2. Understand the role of the Visual Merchandiser and how Visual Merchandising plays a role in the retail industry.
3. Understand how to create an impactful and inspirational window for your customer.
4. Display coordinated merchandise with effective styling techniques to promote sales.
5. Create promotional displays using design principles, colour theories and light to enhance retail sales.
6. Create a visual merchandising portfolio of their own
7. Understand the fundamental Visual Merchandising techniques and how these can be implemented across the sales floor to assist with sales and increase profits.
8. Utilize art and contextual influences to incorporate themes and trends into contemporary displays.
Learning Outcome of the course:
1. Students would have an understanding of supporting retail sales by creating environments to further maximize growth, opportunity, educate customers, and easily stretch brand image.
2. Gain practical experience in the field of visual merchandising.
3. Document design concepts, processes and results for presentation.
4. Apply sound practices in financial decision making to optimize visual display budgets.
5. Tips on building VM Portfolio that would aid in fetching an internship/job.
Who this courses is for: College Students, Freshers, Working Professionals, Retail Employees, Visual Merchandisers, Exhibition & Space Planners, Fashion Communicators, Brand Strategists, Fashion Business & Store Owners, Designers, Stylists.
Do you know someone who'd love this
course? Tell them about it…
Leave a quick message to us and we will get back to you shortly. Please mention your concern in the message section in details.