What is Vocational Training in Germany?
Vocational training prepares you for occupation or work that requires a special set of skills, such as a, hotel management trainee, chef, manager, IT specialist, technician, craftsman, or electrician. This can include classroom teaching, practical training, or a combination of the two. However, vocational training takes place outside the formal education system to gain practical knowledge and usually results in a vocational qualification certificate or diploma. You can directly receive vocational training as an apprentice from an experienced employer regardless of whether you have a formal qualification or not.
Some examples of vocational training programs are tailoring courses, warehouse specialist, supply chain management, hotel management, healthcare worker, banking trade, IT specialist, cooking classes, jewelry designing courses, pottery classes, etc.
Importance of Vocational Training Programs
Following are a few reasons related to the importance of vocational training:
- It provides you with the required skills and professional training. You can complete vocational training programs outside the formal education system or at the same time along with your formal education.
- It allows you to find a high-paying job or career almost immediately after completing the programme.
- After completing the vocational training, you will receive a certificate issued by an independent organisation, proving that your skills and position are better than applicants without formal training.
- Vocational training helps you in improving your work efficiency and being more productive in your job.
- The utility of vocational training is direct and obvious.
- It provides learning opportunities for those who have lost formal education or are uncertain about attending school.
- It provides you with the opportunity to learn the skills that you like and change your career almost at any time.
- It provides employment opportunities in small cities and towns, thereby preventing the population from migrating to big cities.
- Most professional skills are universal, enabling you to work in other countries too.
- It provides skilled and trained workers to the market and industry.
You must have heard people talking about vocational training in Germany, but do you know why?
It is because of the Skilled Immigration Act of Germany.